Sunday, February 3, 2019

Week 5: Raylph Evangelista - A01

Raylph Evangelista
913184220
A01
After going through the readings of this week, I can see the general idea that we will be tackling in the next two classes. Though the topic itself might be a heavy topic for some, I think it is good to address the growing problem of violence not only in the world but also in universities. I think the thing that interested me the most about these articles are how connected the two topics were even though the article Empire of Death and the Plague of Civic Violence addressed just the pure gruesome violence of murders. When the article started talking about specific murderers it made me realize that as a student I feel like I haven't been exposed to this kind of information before. From the article I specifically recall the part where they detailed how the cousin of the killer Richard Ramirez said that the killing of a human being could be equated to "an orgasmic, charismatic experience" which is outright disgusting in my opinion. I feel like this could relate to the violence happening in schools across the country because even though students are just being normal and trying to get rights that honestly every student should get, they get shut down real quick by the universities themselves. 

Could it be that SOME police officers enjoy bringing pain to students just like how some murderers receive joy from ending other human being's lives?

Image result for school violence



References 
“Chapter 12.” Masters of War: Militarism and Blowback in the Era of American Empire, by Carl Boggs, Routledge, 2003.
Kyrene Gets Big Grant To Steer Kids Away From Violence. SanTan Sun News. 2018.
K

No comments:

Post a Comment