Sunday, May 26, 2013

Why Chinese Mothers are Superior

I found this article very interesting because of the fact that I felt I could relate to this article on almost every level. Although both of my parents are Vietnamese, my mother was exactly as what Amy Chua described in the article, in that she was the stereotypically “Asian mom.” My father, on the other hand, was more like a Western parent in comparison to my mother, although he did a lot of times portray several characteristics of an Asian parent. In general, my mom was the strict one while my father was the more lenient one. My parents always told me that they gave everything to me and that really I was the one that owed them everything because of all the things they had done for me, which is something I really do believe in. In particular, my mother often said that she sacrificed a lot for me and that she knew what was best for my, which is something Amy Chua said was a characteristic of most Chinese mothers.
- Timothy Huynh
Section A01

No comments:

Post a Comment