Sunday, May 26, 2013

A Mix of Western and Chinese

Andy Wang
Section 2
IN response to Why Chinese Mothers Are Superior by Amy Chua

After reading this article, I found out that my mother is kind of between a Chinese parent and a Western parent. She wanted to be a Chinese parent but couldn't because she have work 7 days a week. I was never really allowed to go to places except I could go to sleepovers as long as my parent approved of my friend or the parents. My parents couldn't be strict because they didn't have the time. But in my mind I didn't want to get punished and cause my family to be ashamed because I failed at school. So I always tried my best starting in the 6th grade of elementary school. I always did average before that and then I started getting As and Bs and eventually I started trying to get straight As. My mom has sacrificed a lot for me. And when she couldn't be strict and watch over me during my studies, she made it up by sending me to a good school instead of a public school in my town. The pubic school system is my town is bad and violent. So my mom sent me to a private school. I never learned to play an instrument because my parents didn't have time for me and hire a teacher to teach me. So instead I turned myself to computers. I slowly gained the knowledge to build my own computer as I started earning money and such. So in my mind, the children has a part in deciding if the mom is a Chinese or Western parent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment