Friday, May 10, 2013

My view on his life


Ka Pou Sin
Blog Entry for Week 7



From the article, “’I am a man with a heart”’, Andrew Thi expresses his deep thoughts of his life experience. He went through the phase of war and immigration, which shows that he lived a difficult life. After immigration, he also went through the recovery from a car crash. He had a life full of ups and downs. Reading this article, makes me relate myself to him. I can see his difficulties and I understand his thoughts as an immigrant that watch their parents go through hardship. Even though I am not the oldest sibling in the family, I still feel that I have the responsibility to help out the family. Because of his car accident, it caused him to lose the ability to contribute more than he can to the family. I understand how he feels, because I feel the same helplessness when it comes to the fact that there’s nothing we can do to help the family. Later on, he faces the accusing of him committing robbery without any evidence and was then sent to jail. He was locked up for no reason. It concludes that the U.S. is unreasonably jailing people and it is all because of discrimination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment