Sunday, May 12, 2013

The life of an criminal Asian immigrant in the 90s

In response to "I am a man with a heart" by Andrew Thi
Andy Wang
Section 2

When I finished reading this article I was amazed by how he didn't get deported because of the risk his family took to save him. In my opinion he didn't get deported because his family had money. Unlike other Cambodian or other ethnic immigrants, they weren't as lucky since they did not have the resources to prevent deportation. I was surprised that once you get arrested and sentenced into prison that once you get out you are arrested again by the feds or the INS. If that happened to me, I would probably lose all hope and motivation. Once you are in the system it is really hard to get back on track. Since there is no way to can prove that you are a changed man, you are most likely going to stay detained or deported. Andrew was lucky because even after what he did, I was amazed that he didn't get deported. After all those arrests and detention, I knew he has learned his lesson finally. I probably thought that he was to get deported back to Cambodia, he would have no relatives and no way to survive. How can we stop deportation from happening? Since the immigrants left for a major reason; to escape communism and persecution and even death. Why would the US do this if they know why they immigrated. It is like sentencing them to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment