Sunday, February 10, 2019

Week 6 Skye Jin A01

The article "On Some College Campuses, A Focus On Asian American Mental Health" is a passage that relates to our daily life. Asian American has been thought about "model minority" for a long time. Take myself as an example, my classmates always asked me some math questions. However, in fact, probably I am not that good in the math area. And this stereotype sometimes overwhelmed me especially when I have difficulties in math while others are not. Moreover, when it comes to "Family expectations," just like what Wong said, "they don’t feel that they have a choice." Most of my friends who study abroad were all have a hard time suffering from choosing the major. Instead of considering what they are interested in, their parents paid more attention to whether these majors have brilliant prospects. For this reason, I felt so lucky that what I want to learn is consist of my parents' expectation on me. I can not imagine studying a major that I am not interested in and struggling in every task during the time and keeps this process again and again. All in all, it is necessary for students to get rid of stress in time. So here comes to my question:what should campus do to mostly prevent the students' suicides due to these pressure? 



Image result for pressure

Image retrieved from https://www.bbcchannels.com/cbbc



No comments:

Post a Comment