Sunday, February 3, 2019

Week 5_Harry Kang_A01


I was a little shock after reading Darrell Y. Hamamoto’s Empire of Death and the Plague of Civic Violence. I actually didn’t know that murderers can be classified into so many types based on either their target or motivation. One thing that really surprised me is that some murderers can hide themselves so well like Theodore Robert Bundy. In Bundy’s case, although he was a serial killer who’s responsible for the death of more than thirty young women, many women still fell in love with him and became heart-break sad after he died even though most of them knew the fact that he’s a cold blood killer. I just couldn’t believe it actually happened.

About the pre-military shooting cases like Charles Joseph Whitman’s, I couldn’t totally agree with some opinions appeared in the article. I have learnt about Whitman’s case in one my psychology courses as well. According to researches that be done later after the event, there was actually a tumor in Whitman’s brain when he took down his mom, wife, and other fifteen innocents. Psychologists believed it was that little tumor that make him such violent. But my point is that whether the tumor was responsible for Whitman’s sniping actions, part of the responsibility must be taken by the US military. Nowadays, maybe because we have stayed in the “safe zone” for so long, most of us have forgot and ignored those brave soldiers fighting on the field who’s probably the real reason of today’s peace. However, few people care what happened to them and what wars left to them.

Question: Is there any special caring center for retired soldier in US? By retired soldier, I don’t only mean those with physical disabilities but soldier in general.

References:
Hamamoto, Y. D. (2003) Empire of Death and the Plague of Civic Violence
InFocus Financial Advisors, Inc. (2017) Your Retirement Plan’s Silent Killer: Inflation. http://www.retireinfocus.com/blog/your-retirement-plans-silent-killer-inflation-0. (Accessed Feb 3rd 2019)



No comments:

Post a Comment