Thursday, January 24, 2019

Week 4 - Nai Saechao - Section A03

From reading the articles, there is a similarity I found about them and it is about how universities are trying to lower the price of attending or since the price is very high for students, students are making a statement to the staff of the university. There are many other topics these articles go over, but I feel like these stories focuses on students and money. But it does go over a lot about how the universities work.
In the article, “Why Should We Fear Universities”, it talks about how the universities are building and adding onto the university and how students are adapting to the university. I think that all students fear something about coming to a university and it means if you are coming from a city far away, internationally or even if you are thirty minutes away. There is something that people fear when starting their life in a university.
For me personally, I was a little scared of how the hallways would be like since UC Davis is very big and has many students and staff that are walking and riding their bikes. Even though I have been to this campus many times, I would see new people everyday and have classes in different buildings, it was a little intimidating at first, but then I got used to it and I feel like I can go around and just go to classes without problems.


References:

Deboer, Fredrik. (2015). “Why We Should Fear University, Inc.” New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/13/magazine/why-we-should-fear-university-inc.html

Cole, Jonathan R. (2016). “The Chilling Effect of Fear at America's Colleges” The Atlantic. https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2016/06/the-chilling-effect-of-fear/486338/


No comments:

Post a Comment