Sunday, January 27, 2019

Week 4-Ao Yang-A01

Week 4 Blog
Ao Yang
915050255
ASA 002 A01

For this week, we are talking about an extremely heavy topic related to ethical issues. Overall, I want to say that it is hard to use “totally correct” and “totally wrong” to judge people and things. More are judged in the grey area. In the reading material “Whistleblower”, I understand one ethical problem happened at UC Davis and a series of actions taken by Amy Block Joy. To be honest, I cannot believe that she reported the embezzlement for several times since she just wanted to expose this problem and proved integrity she believed in. She is brave. She is a hero. I asked myself “If I find out this embezzlement, will I report it to the school?” The answer is no. I do not have this courage to do that and even I think it is not my business that I do not have the duty to do that. Meanwhile, I firmly believe that others may also choose to be quiet due to several reasons such as protecting UC Davis’s reputation. But she did it. I appreciate her action and start to recognize that the truth should be published to everyone. 
Finally, my question is that what policies could be published to protect whistleblowers in order to keep the society real and fair?

References:
1. Joy, Amy B. (2014) Ethic and “Breaking Bad”: Developing and practicing ethical skills.Whistleblower. Point Richmond, CA: Bay Tree Pub.






No comments:

Post a Comment