Saturday, November 25, 2017

Week 10 Toby Lee A03

Toby Lee Section A03 Week 10

In the article our Professor Valverde wrote, “The Time to Fight is Now: When Asian American Women in Academia Go Rogue”, it discusses the difficulties Asian American women face and how they fought for their rights. When I first read this article, it brought to my attention that women of color often face discrimination and women in academia are not an exception. I was particularly amazed by the determination of these women and how they fought for what they believed was right instead of giving in to the oppression. It was also hard to continue reading that the university is actually structured like a corporation. I truly admire what Professor Valverde did in order to fight against this oppression. She stands as a role model for me as to how I should fight for what I should do in order to achieve my goals. Standing still and not fighting and working hard for my goals will not enable me to achieve anything in the future.
A question I have is what is it that students can do to help Asian American women or even people of color to achieve justice in any setting even in Academia?

Image result for fight

Valverde, K. (n.d.). The Time to Fight is Now: When Asian American Women in Academia Go Rogue. Retrieved November 25, 2017.

Fight . (n.d.). Retrieved November 25, 2017, from https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.t-nation.com%2Fsystem%2Fpublishing%2Farticles%2F291%2Foriginal%2FFind-Your-Fight.jpg%3F1383775059&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.t-nation.com%2Fpowerful-words%2Ffind-your-fight&docid=5VER9N2t_y7XJM&tbnid=aDBndLMsvgkDYM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjir6fOjdvXAhVCllQKHcGmB6gQMwiuASgBMAE..i&w=738&h=415&bih=635&biw=1280&q=fight&ved=0ahUKEwjir6fOjdvXAhVCllQKHcGmB6gQMwiuASgBMAE&iact=mrc&uact=8

No comments:

Post a Comment