Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Thomas Tran A01 Feedback for [GROUP 9] PRE-SCREENING: Cultural Appropriation of Asian Cuisine



1. I believe that the strengths of Group 9’s video, Cultural Appropriation of Asian Cuisine, is using the reference of Bon Appetite’s video of How to Eat Pho. I really enjoyed the narration and commentary that you all did on this video because as a Vietnamese American I see many people appropriating our cultural as the new trend. Therefore, I am glad that was touched on. Another strength would be defining what cultural appropriation is for the audience and additional comments from other individuals on YouTube. A weakness would be the audio issue, the occasionally misspoken words in the narration, and include the Pho Chef as an interviewee.
2. What I recommend you all change is provide a couple of interviews of people reacting to the Pho video or how they feel about people appropriating their culture’s cuisine. I would of enjoyed some reactions or thoughts of various Asian persons to this video. In addition, I believe you all could add an additional example of another cultural appropriation cuisine that is happening at the moment.
3. I believe that your objective was clear and met, it was to the point about cultural appropriation of Pho and how it affects the Asian community. 
4. Thomas Tran. 

No comments:

Post a Comment