Thursday, October 26, 2017

Week 6- Sabrina Gomez A01

Sabrina Gomez
A01

Upon my reading of "Is Wi-Fi in School Safe?" by Brian Spero, I learned something completely new about today's technology that plagues today's society. I found it interesting how today's technology has improved daily life and made everyday so much easier for civilization in terms of convenience and innovation. However, it is rather paradoxical that technology that shapes our life for the better can actually pose a concerning threat to us as well. Before I had heard commonly passed around rules such as "don't sleep next to your phone" and "don't stand in front of microwaves" however, I never knew the damage that EMF could cause would go to the extent that it was prevalent in wi-fi as well. As a student in a University setting, I have definitely seen progress that technology has contributed to throughout my educational career. Things such as standardized testing online, online quizzes, online grading, and more have definitely made the educational experience easier for both students and educators alike. Which is why I understand both sides of the battle on wi-fi and technology in schools. If I was an educator I wouldn't want to move backwards in time, by going back to more hands on and complicated means of operating schooling. However, I understand how all of that becomes more undermined when health danger is at stake. That is why I do see how the issue has not been resolved to this date. However, know that I do know about the plausible dangers of EMF I can hopefully do my part by contributing to the movement towards a hopefully safer educational environment. By doing things such as promoting the use of ethernet cables which are extremely common and not difficult at all to use.

Question: If more critical research was performed and a threatening risk was detected, by what means would we take, and if so are we even capable of taking measures of prevention since EMF is apparently so prevalent in today's society.



References:

1) Spero, B. (2015, April 25). Is Wifi In Schools Safe. Boston Parents Paper . Retrieved October 25, 2017, from http://bostonparentspaper.co/articile/print.php?id=3009522

2) "Even your Wi-Fi can cause cancer". Jha, D. Healthworld. [Digital Image]. Retrieved October 26, 2017 from https://health.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/industry/even-your-wi-fi-can-cause-cancer/47652749

No comments:

Post a Comment