Sunday, October 22, 2017

Week 3- Brandon Choi

"Empire of Death and the Plague of Civic Violence” by Darrell Y. Hamamoto made me think about things that I felt were right before. Initially I viewed gun violence and deaths as a source of the individuals. Now reading this, I would have to do more research to validate my stance, I find that there could be statistics that correlate to this but thats it. This logistically shows connections between violence in America, however I find many things influence these violent killers. I mean can we really only blame one thing for the reason individuals become these murderers. Coming from Colorado and having a second hand experience with Columbine, a mass school shooting, I did research and read about the psych evaluations of the shooters. There were many root causes to why they would have certain thoughts and the research went in depth but As i came to the end I found that these individuals were living in a nice place with good parents. He was never supposed to be triggered to do something like this, so i think it truly just depends on the person not correlations to military, but the person is just crazy.

What are the main characteristics, or the make-up, of a killer?

References:


Boggs, Carl, and Darrell Y Hamamoto. “Empire of Death and the Plague of Civic Violence.”Masters of War Militarism and Blowback in the Era of American Empire, Taylor and Francis, 2013, pp. 277–292.


“9 Grim Facts About Serial Killers You Wish You Never Knew.” Life Analytics, 19 Dec. 2013, strategyandanalytics.com/9-facts-serial-killers-wish-never-knew/.

No comments:

Post a Comment