Saturday, October 21, 2017

Week 5: Megan Tang

Megan Tang
A02
Week 5

"Empire of Death and the Plague of Civic Violence" made me wonder why so many incidents do not go incidentally. It also made me wonder about the acts that are committed day by day. Why did they do it? Did they do it out of enjoyment and pleasure? One part of the reading that caught my eye was about Jeffrey Dahmer. Dahmer reportedly oppressed and dominated men of color. "Most of his victims had been drugged, tortured, and mutilated; their flesh kept in the freezer for later consumption or to stoke Dahmer's masturbation fantasies" (284).   Most victims were reported identified as queer or POC. There were policemen that came to the Dahmer because the neighbors found one of the victims running and crying for help, but let him go because Dahmer said they were "romantically" together. Furthermore, there are so many cases where the culprit were let go because they seemed that they were not at fault. Another part of the reading that made me upset was the part where a veteran killed 5 Southeast Americans and wounded thirty others because he did not like Southeast Asians. I googled about his trial, but I have yet to find any information about Patrick Eugene Purdy and how he ended up. The history about these culprits should not be left not at fault.


Question: When I googled Patrick Eugene Purdy and his trial, the article identified the white male as "mental" but how come that never comes into account when dealing with POC trials?

References:
I Swear I'm Not Crazy. (n.d.). Retrieved October 23, 2017, from http://www.quickmeme.com/p/3vocas

Blanco, J. I. (n.d.). Retrieved October 23, 2017, from http://murderpedia.org/male.P/p/purdy-patrick.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment