Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Kimberly Pariyavanh
Week 1 Response 
Section A03



          The article, “Nothing is More Important than Thinking Dialectically”, by Grace Lee Boggs caught my attention as she talked about strategies changing as time moved forward. I agree with her that it is important to constantly evolve arguments and strategies against oppressing issues. The importance of change is huge because what may have worked for another generation may not smoothly transfer over with a new generation that may have different thoughts. I also enjoyed reading the section with Reuben Zamora’s idea of horizontal politics that encourages coalition and alliance building. I find it important to continue to build and support each other as a community. I grew up in a community where it was encouraged to always come back and help in some way after graduating college. Where I come from, Richmond, Ca, people always want to leave and never return due to the issues that exist there. Through community bonding, I would hope that it could create genuine individuals that have the community’s interest in mind.

Question: When conflict arises between two official organizations fighting for the same purpose, how do they come to a compromise? Are there any real life examples?




No comments:

Post a Comment