Sunday, March 29, 2020

Ruoting Wan ASA002 A03 Week1

Ruoting Wan
ASA002 A03
Blog Week1
3/29/20
    

    As a Chinese international student, I am concern about the situation of Coronavirus
earlier. Because starting from the end of January 2020, Coronavirus spread over China.
At first, the virus didn’t attract people’s attention. Most of the people thought that this
virus won’t contagious and spread person-to-person. And everyone was looking forward
to the upcoming Chinese Spring Festival. A few days later, when doctors confirmed that
this virus is contagious and spread person-to-person, even spread through the air, people
started to notice the serious situation and bought masks as much as they can. With the
situation became worse and worse, the government decided all people should
shelter-in-place. Instead of gathering to celebrate the Spring Festival, all people stay at
home only if go out to buy essential products. At that time, I was in the winter quarter,
but I was so worried about my family members. During the daily facetime with my family,
I exhorted my parents to remember to wear masks when they go outside and keep wash
their hands. Now, the situation becomes reversed: The situation of Coronavirus in China
becomes better and better, but the situation of Coronavirus in the United States becomes
worse and worse. My parents mail the package of masks to me and advise me repeatedly
to keep washing my hands and store enough food to avoid going out. Wish the war of
coronavirus can win as soon as possible and everyone stays healthy. Because this is the
first time to study this course online, I hope Professor Valverde and TAs can help us to adapt
to the online situation and explain the podcast more clearly later. Because when I see the
syllabus, I notice that the bibliography needs to include books, journals, videos, and
interviews. However, due to the Coronavirus, we could not go to libraries to find books
and interview someone as well. Therefore, I also want to know more details about the bibliography.
Reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment