Monday, March 30, 2020

ASA002 A04 Jiawen Shou Week 1

Going back to early January when coronavirus just started to spread rapidly in China, I never imagined that the virus will become a global pandemic that lead to the condition today. The nervous feeling and tensions started out on social media, weibo. People gradually started to realize the severeness but no one know what was coming. Rumors, conspiracy theories and fake news were all other the internet. Although I wasn't in China due to school, I was very worried about my family. My parents didn't take it too serious at first. However, they began to see rapid number increase if diagnosis, public events got cancelled, schools got cancelled and the stores all shut down.

Now is the end of March and coronavirus in China has finally got under control after three months. However, the virus started to spread out globally. People internationally didn't care much about the issue as many think that it's only a problem in China but the virus rapidly grows to a global problem. 

I am glad but sad at the same time for the situation. I am glad that people are taking actions now against the virus. The government ordered shelter in place and I feel relatively safe as long as I keep my personal hygiene and stay home. I am sad because this is my last quarter in college and I never imagined my college life will end in this way. Isolation time reminds me of the time I enjoyed walking on campus and go to classes. I really hope that the virus get controlled in all countries soon and students can back to enjoy campus life. 

My question is that: How are countries globally reacting to the virus and what efforts can individuals make?

No comments:

Post a Comment