Monday, March 30, 2020

Hongyu Zhu A03 Week 1

Hongyu Zhu
ASA 002
Blog week 1
Coronavirus has become a global epidemic, which first appeared in China and then began to spread worldwide. I am very anxious about the spread of the virus. As I noticed, there are 163497 cases in the US( data from world meter). Due to the concern of Coronavirus, I will not go out now unless I need to buy basic necessities. Staying at home is responsible for one's own and other's lives. I think this is a severe time. Everyone should avoid social contact as much as possible. Also, wearing a mask and washing your hand is the key to stop the spread of viruses. 
            In this class, I hope I can learn the solutions to the contemporary problems faced by Asian Americans like racism and what kind of social justice I need to develop to protect myself against discrimination. I saw a massive amount of discrimination cases mention in Professor Valverde's book of "Fight the Tower." Also, I saw a lot of racism that happened in my life. For example, Trump using the term 'Chinese virus' instead of 'coronavirus' is a kind of discrimination. We should stop use the term' Chinese virus', which is a strong discrimination. My question for this topic is, how can we end racism, or we still need to continue flight for it?





Reference 
Coronavirus World Map: Tracking The Spread Of The Outbreak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment