Monday, March 30, 2020

Jiazhi Xu ASA002 A04 Week1


Being concerned with the different perspectives between Asians and American, I chose this course to solve my doubt and wanted to find the sources of originating such difference. The coronavirus again upgraded my interest in understanding the cultural difference. Some American's reactions to the virus are seemingly ridiculous to me, and I felt so confusing that I should figure the reasons out. For example, there are 'coronavirus challenge' on the Youtube and some digital media in which people were recording someone licking the toilet seat and handrails on subway. Also, there are people hit the person who wearing mask in the public and called him 'virus'. To be simplistic, some people didn't even realize the importance and severeness of this virus, and people were holding different understanding toward wearing masks. As an observer to the spreading of virus in both China and U.S, I also studied the different executions under different leading parties. Therefore, I still have lots of to learn about because the differences in policy and education will form different social behaviors, and policy and education are formed by history, so learning this course is crucial and urgent for me to understanding such difference and pushing me to become more respectful to different cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment