Sunday, June 1, 2014

In Response to Angry Little Asian Girl

ASA 01
Sherry Yuan
Week 10

The assigned comic conveys the idea of Asians' stress. The little angry girl is apparently born in a traditional Asian family with all the orders around and hence she felt stressful. That the angry little was wondering what she could talk back was also my story when I was young. In my family, parents seem to have the infinite authority and I, as a kid, had no choice but to be obedient while with complaints in my heart. Somehow I could associate the little angry girl's anger to everything around her with her family background and her ethnicity.  I checked out www.angrylittlegirls.com/ and read other comics. I guess the author also meant to choose a Asian character to make it easier for her to express some unfairness, discriminations against the minority--most of the time, it refers to non-Caucasians. Some other times, the comics just express the emotional side of human beings, which is kinda ironic.


Q: Why does the author chose to use a little girl instead of a grownup for her comics?


No comments:

Post a Comment