Sunday, June 2, 2013

Asian Stereotypes in Comic Strips! = Funny

Andy Wang
Reading Reflection 10
In response to Secret Asian Man by Tak Toyoshima

When I first saw this article I was surprised that it was not an article but a comic strip. I love reading comic strips because I find a lot of the humor ones to be funny. In this comic strip I was entertained by all the Asian stereotype that were listed. It included Asians as martial artists and how most Asians will not get main roles in movies other than martial art movies. It even points to the A&F controversy. I know, the controversy does sound racist but it did feature an Asian as a model! Like you do not usually see Asian male models in big companies and I have never seen one in my life. The skits I find really funny are the ones about romance. Asians will never be the top of the food chain because white people, black people, and even Latinos are all above Asians since they all have something that can arouse women. While Asians are the geeks, nerds, bad drivers, shifty eye, and the small --->. That made me angry but it did point all the stereotypes in one picture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment