Sunday, June 2, 2013

Angry Mother

In Response to: Angry  Little Asian Girl

     I absolutely love Angry Little Girls. The selected comics display the relationship between her and her mother. Her mother is always angry and unsatisfied. This is a typical relationship between an Asian child and his or her parent. The Asian parent is never happy with their child. They always expect more and never compliment or praise their child. They have are not sensitive to their child's feeling and bluntly say mean things, in this comic strip the mother says, "You ugly. That why you have no friend." I honestly think Asian parents are not that mean. The Angry Little Girl's mother is always nagging saying, "Blah Blah Blah" implying Asian parents will complain about anything and everything. I do see these characteristics of the mother in many Asian parents. I cannot say I see it with my parents, but I do agree I see these qualities with my friends parents. Actually, My grandparents are very similar with this angry mother. i would like to point out that the simple drawing of the mother is very identical to the typical Asian mother look: a scowling face and short permed hair. This comic is a very simple way of describing the interaction between an Asian child and the parent.

Claudia Chang
ASA 02 Sec a01

No comments:

Post a Comment