Sunday, May 3, 2015

Is Anyone Safe?

Jessica Wong
Section 2
Week 6

After reading the "ASNE Memo on the Patriot Act II," and the discussion we had in class, it made me realize that no one is truly safe from the government. If there is any slight indication that someone could be a spy for another country, this act allows them to go to drastic measures to prove guilty. Such measures include tapping any electronics, and searching the suspect's home.  I think that the government is being paranoid and attacking rather innocent people who are presumed not to have national patriotism. I do believe in being conscious, but there should be more evidence present before making assumptions.  I thought that we were all innocent until proven guilty, but I guess there has been a huge shift in our mindsets. Why must the government be so untrusting of its citizens?


No comments:

Post a Comment